While completing my business studies I have published mobile apps and websites as sides projects. How did I do that? I know how to manage information in an efficient way. Personal trails are important, but if you don’t feed yourself with good information your progress will be limited. This is why and how and I use Feedly to learn every day:
“Try to look for something where you be an expert in google, and you will understand the value of manage well the information.”
Almost all websites that update their information; blogs, portals, digital newspapers etc. use a technology which allows us to receive new content. This technology it’s called feed, and Feedly it’s the best tool to read them. The only thing that you need to do is to copy the link of that blog that you love, that amazing collaborator in the digital newspaper, and paste it into Feedly. Later, every time they publish something, you will have all the information that interest you, in one place and well organized.
Why you should use it?
Nowadays something strange happens. You don’t need to look for information. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and other tools will deliver the information to you. Like magic, some algorithms will choose relevant information for you. However, if you want to differentiate yourself, rely just on that may not be the best strategy for you. The control of the information is a differentiative factor, and you should address it properly.
Is this the only way? No, some people argue that with a refined Twitter and mail blog subscriptions, can filter very well all the information they are looking for. Other people does not care, and to keep tune they consider it enough. This is, of course, a personal choice, but this are 5 reasons why I use Feedly every day:
- Nobody filters the information for you: This may not seem important. However, experts from the business schools like IE or Mannheim University, empathize the importance of arriving on the source of information and be one that decides what it is important. On the other side, if you use Twitter to follow relevant people that share quality content, it will take also time, and you will just read what other people finds relevant.
- Information quality: Usually, the reward for getting close to the origin of the information is a better quality. An example on this is my government competence organism blog. It is good and really interesting. However, when the information arrives at a newspaper it usually gets really deformed.
- Comfort and good management: In Feedly, it is simple to save, organize and share information and sources. Manage key information is something to really consider. Try to look for something where you be an expert in google, and you will understand the value of manage well the information.
- Reduce distractions: A lot of people follows their “references” in facebook. However, mix professional information with the last news of our friends seems like a good way to get lost. You can find yourself in a similar situation if to read a specific journalist, you have to open an online newspaper to read it.
- It is global: A lot of content creators don’t know that it exist. However, it doesn’t matter where they share it, it’s very likely that they are using a feed technology without knowing it.
Some final recommendations: I use Feedly for everything. To learn about the new IT tendencies but also to follow economist, photographers and other leisure content. However, when you start to add and classify content it is too easy to fall into the temptation of following things that are not really relevant. My advice is to make purges, look for quality and never forget to try to look for the source of the information.