– barcoavigo.com –
I always thought that create an app should not be harder than making a website. Fortunately, time and technology improvements prove me right. At the beginning of 2014 I realize that by mixing some new technologies, I could make one mobile app. In 2014 I didn’t know how to program and there weren’t the simple app templates available on Codecanyon as today. Therefore, limited by technology, I decided to make something simple to help my hometown: ¨Barco a Vigo¨, an app that informs about the ferry schedule between Vigo, the biggest city of Galicia, and the two most important towns in the area.
- Technical details of the project and code.
- Video of the app in use (soon).
- Official website.
- Google play.
Other secondary but necessary tasks where:
- Build the homepage for the project.
- Design posters and other marketing material.
- Raise the money to cover the expenses required to publish a mobile app.
- Create a promotional video.
In conclusion, an interesting project that allowed me to learn about many different technologies. In addition, I could prove that things, in theory unachievable, like create apps if you don’t know programming, can be done if you are a fast learner and can find and manage key information.